What happens in a therapy session?
Generally speaking we sit together in a quiet, comfortable room in the privacy of my home. I have studied and practised a wide range of counselling and psychotherapy techniques and will talk with you about your individual concerns to determine the best approach for you.
I work with both couples and individuals.
Counselling and Psychotherapy sessions are usually for one hour weekly, unless otherwise agreed.
I aim to be as flexible as possible with appointments, but when you come to
see me you can expect:
- An initial appointment to discuss your situation and to decide whether therapy is right for you.
- A regular weekly session of 1 hour for as many (or few) times as needed.
- Confidentiality strictly maintained.
- Evening appointments if necessary.
- My hours of work are : 9.00am – 7.00pm Monday to Thursday; 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday.
- Individual Psychotherapy and Counselling – £55.00 per hour session.
- Couple Psychotherapy and Counselling – £65.00 per hour session.
- Individual Supervision – £50.00 per hour session, £75.00 per 90 minute session.
- All fees are payable at each appointment by BACS transfer. I also accept cash and you can pay in advance here via Paypal at the link below.
- Full fees are chargeable if appointments are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. (If appointments are cancelled by me, there will of course be no charge).
- Late arrivals will also be charged and the session will finish at the original booked time.
- No fee will be charged for pre-arranged holidays.
- If you need to re-arrange an appointment, I will do so where possible.
Your identity and records remain confidential to the therapeutic relationship, with one exception. I will contact your GP, Social Services or the Police, as appropriate, if I believe you are in extreme danger of harming yourself or others. I will consult you prior to involving others wherever possible.